Are your cabinets structurally sound but you don’t like the color or finish? Perhaps they just need to be renewed? Many homeowners have older style solid wood cabinets that are in great shape, they are not interested in replacing; they just want to update the look and maximize available storage space.
A great way to deal with the cosmetic aspect is to either have your cabinets refinished or refaced adding new doors, hinges and hardware. If this is the case, click here for information on a program at The Home Depot that offers both re-finishing or re-facing for existing cabinets.
Also, below in this article we’ll show you how you can improve the functionality you get with brand new kitchen cabinets today for thousands of dollars less than it would cost to replace them. You can upgrade the interior and function of your kitchen, pantry and bathroom cabinets in just a few simple steps using the made-to-fit brand of Slide-A-Shelf products.
By renewing the look of your cabinets and/or by retrofitting the existing fixed shelves to pull-out shelves, your kitchen will seem as if it has been transformed. We particularly like the fact that retrofitting your existing cabinets is easy to do for most homeowners using just a battery operated screwdriver for installation. In fact, you can see here how slide-out shelves can bring you ease and convenience in only 3 steps which are outlined below.
MEASURE: GATHER YOUR MATERIALS
1. TAPE MEASURE - Use one that is accurate and sturdy. (Ensure it isn't damaged or overused). We recommend a stiff metal tape that is 1/2” or 3/4” wide with at least 1/8” marked increments.)
2. A FLASHLIGHT - This will be invaluable to look for hidden obstacles in the back of a dark and deep cabinet.
3. MOVING ITEMS - Getting accurate measurements of your cabinet’s clear opening and clear interior depth usually doesn't require removing all items inside the cabinets, but you may need to shift items around a bit.
4. CHECK FOR OBSTACLES - Check your cabinetry for any obstacles such as gas and/or water lines, valves, electrical conduits, shelf braces, etc.
5. NOW YOU'RE READY TO MEASURE - Print out the measuring guide and write down each measurement for each shelf location using the measuring log sheet.
ORDER: START WITH THE MEASUREMENTS SUBMISSION FORM
1. Slide-A-Shelf’s order process is in 2 steps. Once this form is complete, which provides our factory with your product preferences and cabinet opening dimensions, you will be routed to our order page(s) for the final step, where you will add your items to a shopping cart, finalize, 2. We estimate it will take you 3 to 5 minutes to complete this form. Data entry is accomplished using quick and easy text fill boxes and drop down menus in 2 sections; contact information (to match to your paid order) and your measurements.
INSTALL: TWO OPTIONS
One of the unique features about made-to-fit Slide-A-Shelf products are it they are designed to be easy to install yourself. If you would prefer to have it installed professionally, we can help you with that too.
1. See our list of national organizations and qualified installers here.
2. Installing it yourself? Included with your delivered Slide-A-Shelf products will be a pictorial installation guide that walks you through the easy process step-by-step. And, each slide-out shelf or cabinet organizer comes with an easy to use installation and alignment template.